*CLOSED* 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway: Deponia (Day 9)
This month I’m giving away 12 games, one each day, for the “12 Days of Christmas Giveaway!” Day 9 is Deponia day! I am drawn towards point-and-click adveture games about as much as I am to platformers. I CAN’T GET ENOUGH! I think I may have been gifted Deponia … it’s been awhile and I see it in my games library all the time just begging me to play it. I tend to categorize my games by genre (in my head, try to pick one from each genre to play at the same time if that makes sense) and this game is next after I finish the Book of Unwritten Tales games. Looks like a lot of fun! Not too long ago a coupon for the game showed up in my inventory so I bought one to give away. Here’s what the Steam store page for Deponia has to say about the game. System specs can be found at the link as well.
Daedalic Entertainment, once called “Lucasarts from Germany“ by the GameStar magazine, invites the players into a fantastic comedy adventure that revolves around a crazy love story of Rufus and Goal.
In Deponia, the world has degenerated into a vast garbage dump, in which the crotchety Rufus ekes out his sorry existence. He is part of the lowest social class, doomed to live his life in literal mountains of trash. He hopes for an opportunity to get into the world of the rich, who live in a floating city high above the clouds. Fate seems to smile on the snotty good-for-nothing when one day the attractive lady named Goal from the higher sector plummets into one of the trash heaps. Rufus decides to help the young woman out by taking her back to her husband. When he notices that Goal’s husband is a dead ringer for himself, he hatches a diabolical scheme to gain access to the upper world. However, things don’t work out quite as planned, since he has feelings for the beauty which limits his usual unscrupulousness.
Help Rufus, the poor boy from the junkyard, to win over the girl from heaven. Only with this rich girl from his dreams he might be able to escape Deponia and, unexpectedly, to save the planet.
It’s single-player (a bonus for me) and comes with 19 Steam achievements!
So how does this giveaway work?
- You have to have Steam to play the game as I’ll be gifting the winner the game through Steam. There will be instructions in the email explaining how to download Steam in case you don’t have it already. Steam is a free download.
- The winner will have to use a valid email address when commenting (not IN the comment itself, just in the input box you have to fill out TO comment so it’s kept private) so I can send the download link for the game. I won’t sell or give your email address to anyone, promise. If you’re signed in to WordPress when you comment make sure the email associated with your WordPress profile is a valid one that you can check.
- You have to leave a comment on this post in order for me to enter you into a random draw to win the game.
- Oh, and you need an internet connection to download the game.
– You don’t have to be my Steam friend in order for me to gift the game to you because Steam allows for people to send gifts to email addresses, not just through the client. If you want to add me as a Steam friend, that’s cool. Not required though.
– I will assign each person who comments a number and then enter the numbers in a Random Number Generator to determine the winner. Multiple comments from the same person won’t increase your chances of winning. In other words, if you comment 187 times you’re still only getting one entry number assigned to you.
This giveaway is a one-day-only giveaway. It starts at 12:00AM on Thursday, December 11th and runs for 24 hours. (All times are CST, Central Standard Time) I will use the above linked RNG to draw for a winner as soon as the giveaway closes and then email the winner. If I haven’t heard back from the winner in two days time I’ll redraw for a new winner. Since this is a “12 Days of Christmas Giveaway!” I’ll update on the weekends to let you guys know who each of the winners are from the week. Sound good?
One more note. I celebrate Christmas and my personal preference is to say things like ‘Merry Christmas”. I understand that may or may not be your preference. That’s cool. You don’t have to celebrate the holidays as ‘Christmas’ to enter these giveaways.
Comment below to enter for a chance to win Deponia. Good luck!