*CLOSED* Giveaway: 8BitBoy
Love platformers with cute and colorful ‘8-bit’ graphics? Long for days past when Mario was the King of Super, too? (haha, I slay myself) Then have I got a giveaway that *screams* YOU! I saw AwesomeBlade’s 8BitBoy on Steam recently and thought it looked fun so I bought two copies, one for me and one for a giveaway. I adore platformers and Mario will always have a huge place in my heart so this game spoke to me. It said, “Come play me, Ranni, you won’t regret it!” and it was right!
It looks super simple but, as with so many games that look simple, that’s deceptive. This game is packed with challenge after challenge, starting with the controls. You use the ‘Spacebar’ to shoot, not jump, because the ‘Up Arrow’ is used for jumping. Sounds easy enough, right? HAHAHAHAHA! It is but if your brain is wired like mine you’ll go to jump, fire a ball of berry goo at absolutely nothing, and then wonder ‘wut?’ as you run off the edge and into a pit of death. I’ve read controller support is almost non-existent and you’ll want to just use the keyboard. I find that to be more funny than I should, I think, just because I imagine lots of folks run off edges in this game. You can also use the Spacebar to super charge your jumps when needed. That’s another oddball thing to get used to because when you hit the Spacebar you shoot, too. It’s a bit frustrating, the controls, but that adds an often hilarious bit of challenge to a tough little platformer.
I’m currently in World 2, level 4 I think. There are five worlds total with 56 levels of 8-bit glory to play through. I highly recommend this game to anyone who’s played Mario before as it will fill you with nostalgic awesomesauce. For reals!
So how does this giveaway work?
- You have to have Steam to play the game as I’ll be gifting the winner the game through Steam. There will be instructions in the email explaining how to download Steam in case you don’t have it already. Steam is a free download.
- The winner will have to use a valid email address when commenting (not IN the comment itself, just in the input box you have to fill out TO comment so it’s kept private) so I can send the download link for the game. I won’t sell or give your email address to anyone, promise. If you’re signed in to WordPress when you comment make sure the email associated with your WordPress profile is a valid one that you can check.
- You have to leave a comment on this post in order for me to enter you into a random draw to win the game.
- Oh, and you need an internet connection to download the game.
– You don’t have to be my Steam friend in order for me to gift the game to you because Steam allows for people to send gifts to email addresses, not just through the client. If you want to add me as a Steam friend, that’s cool. Not required though.
– I will assign each person who comments a number and then enter the numbers in a Random Number Generator to determine the winner. Multiple comments from the same person won’t increase your chances of winning. In other words, if you comment 187 times you’re still only getting one entry number assigned to you.
This giveaway starts as soon as I publish this post (8AM CST on 11/03/14) and runs through (Midnight CST 11/07/14 ). I will then use the RNG linked above to draw a winner. I’ll email the winner on Saturday and if I haven’t heard from them by Sunday night I’ll draw for a new winner on Monday. Sound fair?
Comment below for a chance to win. Good luck!