Monday Moaning: No Babysitter, gold spammers and LONG queues!
Short list at the top, expanded at the bottom.
- Sims 4 does not have a babysitter option!
- ArcheAge is FULL of gold spammer spam!
- The server queues in ArcheAge are in_freaking_sane.
- Playing Farming Simulator 2013 gave me buyers remorse.
- Playing VVVVVV makes me rage quit!
1. My sim in Sims 4 finally found a guy, worked her buns off to build a relationship with him and eloped at home. They didn’t take too long to get pregnant! Baby has been born and I had one of them call for a sitter as they were both exhausted, thinking that would allow them a good night of sleep. THERE’S NO BABYSITTER OPTION! I may have known this but if so, I completely forgot. The service call for a repairman is gone as well but, so far, my sim family has been able to take care of all repairs needed without too much fuss. I’ve relied so heavily on babysitters, for years now, I’m not quite sure what to expect.
2. The gold spammers in ArcheAge are relentless! It’s hard to keep up with chat there are so many and adding them to my block list feels pointless. Seems like every time I add one or two four more pop up in their place. Is there nothing Trion can do to stop this? LotRO had a similar problem many moons ago but I don’t remember it being this bad. I hope that as I level and move on to different areas the spam will cease, or, at least, lessen. By a ton.
3. I am enjoying ArcheAge when I get to play, far more than I thought I would. It’s getting in to play, however, that sucks donkey nuts! I loaded the game several times over the weekend and found myself in line behind thousands of other players. I never waited it out, just figured I’d try and get some play time in during the mornings this week. Hopefully the queues won’t be so bad then. I can understand not wanting to add to many servers and imagine it won’t be too much longer before some folks move on. Still. Wow!
4. I am far too concerned with nice neat straight lines in my fields to find Farming Simulator 2013 relaxing. I can’t drive the machinery in a straight line to save my life! The tablet in game that contains all the information you need, like weather reports and the price grain is selling for, is a very cool feature. The font size, however, is too tiny! I didn’t see an option to change the text size but I’d like to think I overlooked it. Also, there’s a LOT of reading to be a farmer! In this game anyway. Then there are the objectives. I can’t find the darn places I’m supposed to be in time to get paid for doing the extra jobs. THAT. IS. NOT. FUN! I don’t know if I’m missing something or what. Just, insane!
5. VVVVVV is a retro platformer where gravity has been reversed, meaning you don’t jump over obstacles but instead switch gravity to get by them, as you make your way through rooms full of dangerous spikes (can be found on the floor, walls, ceilings and all in the same room!). It’s been awhile since I played this so I don’t remember exactly which room it was that nearly caused me to blow my gasket. I just remember hollering ugly words as I slammed my hand on my desk before walking away from my computer for the evening. It’s the kind of game that, when you DO complete getting through it, you probably feel AWESOME! Like, you ‘seriously achieved’ awesome.