*CLOSED* Giveaway: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
I asked you guys to vote on the next game in my Christmas in July giveaway. There were 20 votes in total and although it was a close race The Testament of Sherlock Holmes won the poll. There were a few times the results were tied when I checked, tied between Don’t Starve and Sherlock. I honestly expected Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning to win! Thanks to everyone who voted!
I gave this game away in January (more detailed write up on what I think of the game in that link) and am excited to do so again. The game is that amazeballs! The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is a point and click adventure with incredible graphics, wonderful voice-overs and on point sound effects. Frogwares paid attention to so much detail in this game I was hooked from the first play and now, I think, I own all of the Sherlock titles. Here’s what the Steam store page has to say about the game.
YOU ARE SHERLOCK HOLMES, AND THIS IS YOUR INVESTIGATION!
Become the greatest detective of all time in The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, a twisting, turning investigation game set in a faithfully-reproduced London of 1898. Suspected in a case involving theft, fraud and double-crossing, Sherlock Holmes will undergo a descent into hell in what will doubtlessly become one of his most thrilling cases yet. You will find all the elements of a grand investigation: examine crime scenes, find the clues, follow the trails, interrogate suspects and unveil the mystery behind a great adventure, led by a breath-taking story full of twists!
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP SP3/Windows VISTA SP2/ Windows 7
- Processor: AMD/INTEL dual-core 2 GHZ
- RAM memory: 2048 MB
- Graphics card: 256 MB 100% DirectX 9 and shaders 3.0 compatible, ATI radeon HD 2600 XT/NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT or higher
- DVD-ROM: 2X DRIVE
- Hard disk space: 14 GB
- Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible
- Internet connection required for game activation
- Controller: Keyboard & mouse or Xbox compatible
So how does this giveaway work?
- You have to have Steam to play the game as I’ll be gifting the winner the game through Steam. There will be instructions in the email explaining how to download Steam in case you don’t have it already. Steam is a free download.
- The winner will have to use a valid email address when commenting (not IN the comment itself, just in the input box you have to fill out TO comment so it’s kept private) so I can send the download link for the game. I won’t sell or give your email address to anyone, promise. If you’re signed in to WordPress when you comment make sure the email associated with your WordPress profile is a valid one that you can check.
- You have to leave a comment on this post in order for me to enter you into a random draw to win the game.
- Oh, and you need an internet connection to download the game.
– You don’t have to be my Steam friend in order for me to gift the game to you because Steam allows for people to send gifts to email addresses, not just through the client. If you want to add me as a Steam friend, that’s cool. Not required though.
– I will assign each person who comments a number and then enter the numbers in a Random Number Generator to determine the winner. Multiple comments from the same person won’t increase your chances of winning. In other words, if you comment 187 times you’re still only getting one entry number assigned to you.
This giveaway starts as soon as I publish this post (8AM CST on 07/21/14) and runs through (Midnight CST 07/24/14 ). I will then use the RNG linked above to draw a winner. I’ll email the winner Friday, July 25th and if I haven’t heard from them by Saturday night I’ll draw for a new winner on Sunday. Sound fair?
Comment below for a chance to win. Good luck!
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! A winner has been drawn, waiting to hear back from them. 🙂