*CLOSED* Giveaway: The Adventures of Shuggy
I picked this up over the Steam Summer Sale for .49¢ and, honestly, I thought I was getting a silly little game that I would play for a few minutes, just long enough to say I’d played it. I also may have misread the title and thought I was getting a Scooby-Doo game. Ahem. Anyway, what I got was a cleverly designed 2-D puzzle platformer with a quirky fun sense of humor and a crazy imagination! It’s the puzzle designs that make this game shine! Each room (the game has 100+ rooms) has a different twist on the mechanics for gathering the gems (your objective) making the rooms feel fresh rather than tired and over-used and though some are rather straight-forward and easy, other rooms will leave you scratching your head trying to see the solution to getting that last gem! Great mix of easy and challenging in this game. Smudged Cat Games, Ltd, the developer, has turned me into a fan!
I’ve had such a blast playing The Adventures of Shuggy I bought the game for each of my kids and one to give away here on the blog. My kids are grown, the youngest being 17 (she seems to think she’s 40) but this game would be great with younger kids, too. It’s fun, it’s cute and you need a bit of strategy skills to complete each world. Currently, I’m in the boiler room level, the 2nd ‘world’. Oh, and it allows for local co-op play, something I haven’t experienced yet myself. Maybe once my kids all have the game (only one has it so far) we can get a game going together.
Here’s what the Steam store page has to say about the game.
Shuggy has just inherited a castle full of goblins, ghouls, zombies, and robots. Help him clear out over 100 rooms to make his new home liveable again! Every room in the castle is different, letting Shuggy fly, float, swing, spin, change size, time travel and more as he explores the Dungeon, Boiler Room, Clocktower, Gallery, and Graveyard.
System requirements are for Windows based PCs.
- OS: XP
- Processor: Dual Core 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 128 MB Video RAM and at least Shader Model 2.0
- DirectX®: 9.0
- Hard Drive: 82 MB HD space
How does this giveaway work?
- You have to have Steam to play the game as I’ll be gifting the winner the game through Steam. There will be instructions in the email explaining how to download Steam in case you don’t have it already. Steam is a free download.
- The winner will have to use a valid email address when commenting (not IN the comment itself, just in the input box you have to fill out TO comment so it’s kept private) so I can send the download link for the game. I won’t sell or give your email address to anyone, promise. If you’re signed in to WordPress when you comment make sure the email associated with your WordPress profile is a valid one that you can check.
- You have to leave a comment on this post in order for me to enter you into a random draw to win the game.
- Oh, and you need an internet connection to download the game.
– You don’t have to be my Steam friend in order for me to gift the game to you because Steam allows for people to send gifts to email addresses, not just through the client. If you want to add me as a Steam friend, that’s cool. Not required though.
– I will assign each person who comments a number and then enter the numbers in a Random Number Generator to determine the winner. Multiple comments from the same person won’t increase your chances of winning. In other words, if you comment 187 times you’re still only getting one entry number assigned to you.
This giveaway starts as soon as I publish this post (8AM CST on 07/14/14) and runs through (Midnight CST 07/17/14 ). I will then use the RNG linked above to draw a winner. I’ll email the winner Friday, July 18th and if I haven’t heard from them by Saturday night (07/19/14) I’ll draw for a new winner on Sunday, July 20th. Sound fair?
Comment below for a chance to win. Good luck!
Editing to add: Giveaway is closed and a winner has been notified. Just waiting to hear from them!