*CLOSED* Giveaway: Binding of Isaac
It’s February! That means it’s time for another giveaway because I love you guys! Woot! This month I’m giving a copy of Binding of Isaac away because it’s a crazy game. What does crazy mean? Here, take a look.
Isn’t Isaac just adorable? You’re right. He isn’t. This game takes place under Isaac’s house and he’s fleeing his
evil religious Mother because she’s trying to make a sacrifice of him. Poor little guy is so torn up he cries. A lot, but good for you because his tears are what you use to kill all the creepy crawlies he finds in the basement! Sound odd? IT IS! It’s a lot of fun, though.
Quote from the Steam store page about this game:
When Isaac’s mother starts hearing the voice of God demanding a sacrifice be made to prove her faith, Isaac escapes into the basement facing droves of deranged enemies, lost brothers and sisters, his fears, and eventually his mother.
The Binding of Isaac is a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. Following Isaac on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him super human abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety.
Want to see lists of the items you can collect in the game? Here are the Tarot cards you can use (gotta find them first). Here are the pills though there are pills that seem to have a random use. Room list is here (maps are procedurally generated). Quite an exhaustive list of Items can be found here. Note, this giveaway is JUST for the base game, Binding of Isaac. I’d never gift anyone who hadn’t played before the expansion, Wrath of the Lamb, because it’s freaking HARD! OMG at the spiders! Still, I’d recommend getting it after you’ve played Binding of Isaac but would suggest waiting until after you kill Mom. I did not wait and now I fear I’ll never see her, let alone kill her. This game looks simple and, on the one hand, it is. Simple is deceptive, however, in that you might mistake simple for ‘not hard or challenging’. It’s very challenging! I was surprised at just how involved the game gets. Oh, and there’s this perma-death thing the game has. When you die you really die … as in you lose all the items you found and have to start all over at the beginning of another randomly generated dungeon. Sucks, sometimes, but it certainly adds an element of determination to the game. Steam has 84 achievements for this game, 10 of which I’ve earned. (working on upping that number …)
Ok, so here’s the requirements for the giveaway.
- You have to have Steam to play the game as I’ll be gifting the winner the game through Steam. There will be instructions in the email explaining how to download Steam in case you don’t have it already.
- The winner will have to use a valid email address when commenting (not IN the comment itself, just in the input box you have to fill out TO comment so it’s kept private) so I can send the download link for the game. I won’t sell or give your email address to anyone, promise. If you’re signed in to WordPress when you comment make sure the email associated with your WordPress profile is a valid one that you can check.
- You have to leave a comment on this post in order for me to enter you into a random draw to win the game.
- Oh, and you need an internet connection to download the game.
– You don’t have to be my Steam friend in order for me to gift the game to you because Steam allows for people to send gifts to email addresses, not just through the client. If you want to add me as a Steam friend, that’s cool. Not required though.
– I will assign each person who comments a number and then enter the numbers in a Random Number Generator to determine the winner. Multiple comments from the same person won’t increase your chances of winning. In other words, if you comment 187 times you’re still only getting one entry number assigned to you.
The contest starts today, February 3rd, as soon as this post is published and will end at midnight (CST) on Friday, February 7th. I’ll contact the winner Saturday, February 8th and if I haven’t heard back from them in two days I’ll redraw for a new winner come Monday, February 10th.
System Requirements: (copied from the Steam store page for this game)
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Processor: 2.5 GHz
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 50MB
- Video Card: Direct X9.0c Compatible Card
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Mac System Requirements
- OS: OS X version Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later.
- Processor: Intel Mac 2.5 GHz
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 50MB
To enter leave a comment below. Good luck!
Editing to add: GIVEAWAY IS OVER! A winner has been drawn and I’m just waiting to hear from them. 🙂