LotRO: Wild Speculation
Kate Paiz said, in her Executive Producers letter, that there’s a secret surprise in store for LotRO but didn’t give a lot of details.
We are working on one more secret surprise, but I won’t do more than tease its existence now, other than to say that the class changes have made it possible for us to consider making a new addition to the game… which we will talk about later in the year. – Quoted from “A letter from Executive Producer Kate Paiz, looking ahead to 2014“
I thought I would share some of my ideas as to what this secret could be.
- A new dungeon in the Old Forest for 12 man raids where Tom Bombadil is the final boss. Finally, we’ll see that fairy-footed being for who he REALLY is.
- Skirmish arenas for Creeps vrs Freeps in real world environments, such as Angmar, Forochel and the Trollshaws.
- An Engineer class who specializes in building traps and torture pits specifically for the hungry Hobbit at the Hobbiton bridge and Sara Oakheart.
- A new hobby: Lawn darts where we use Dwarfs in spikey helms as darts.
- Middle Earth style Elf Bowling. Look out, Elrond, we’re coming. Payback!
- Ent class. Just because. I’d roll one.
- Mini Games: Knock the poop out of Radagast’s hair! Or, Pin the tail on the WarSteed as he lags and slingshots all over Rohan.
- Arena fighting the mad bloody bunny in Enedwaith.
- Gollum class for the ‘Moors.
So what do you think this secret surprise could be?